If your KDS-HRIM database is on a different SQL server than your Viewpoint database, you'll need to confirm a few additional setup details:
1) Ensure that a linked server exists on your KDS-HRIM SQL server that references your Viewpoint database server.
2) In the Linked Server properties -> Server Options, ensure that RPC and RPC Out are set to True.
3) Configure the Distributed Transaction Coordinator on both your Keystyle Server as well as your Viewpoint server.
- Click Start, click Run, type dcomcnfg and then click OK to open Component Services.
- In the console tree, click to expand Component Services, click to expand Computers, click to expand My Computer, click to expand Distributed Transaction Coordinator and then click Local DTC.
- Right click Local DTC and click Properties to display the Local DTC Properties dialog box.
- Click the Security tab.
- Check"Network DTC Access" checkbox.
- Check"Allow Inbound" and "Allow Outbound" checkboxes.
- Click Apply, OK.
- A message will pop up about restarting the service.
- Click OK and That's all.
Ensure your settings are as shown in the screenshot below: